Apostille or legalization of documents

Documents from some countries have to be legalized.


What stamps does a document need?

Marriage certificate, matrimonial attorney, sworn statement, divorce decree and death certificate must have an apostille or legalization from the country where the document was issued.

But according to Danish law, some countries no longer need legalization.

These countries are:

  • Europe (except: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo, Croatia, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. If this country is in the Apostille Convention, the document needs an apostille, otherwise it must have legalization)
  • United States
  • Canada
  • Australia
  • New Zeland
  • Turkey
  • Here is the link to the Apostille countries (Federal Office of Justice)

Translation of documents

All documents must be in German, English or Danish or translated into one of these languages. They can be translated by a sworn translator in any country. Translation does not require an apostille.

You can have the translations done through us. Write to us for this.